29th Annual and 2nd Virtual SEAZA Conference
Zoos Moving Forward with Nature: Nurturing the Wild, Saving Our Future
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS NOW OPEN!
The 29th Annual and 2nd Virtual SEAZA Conference will be held from 8 to 11 November 2021 via Zoom. With the theme, “Zoos Moving Forward with Nature: Nurturing the Wild, Saving Our Future”, SEAZA aims to bring together the Southeast Asian zoo and aquarium community, the academe, industry, and the public to discuss how zoos continue to evolve into centers of conservation, education, and welfare especially during the CoViD-19 pandemic.
This year's Conference is hosted by the Philippine Zoos and Aquariums Association (PHILZOOS).
We welcome abstracts for oral and poster presentation!
Click on the following photo to see a sample abstract and formatting instructions.
Submit abstracts on any of these topics:
- Animal Welfare
- Species/Population Management
- Veterinary Science
- Zoo-Based/Initiated Conservation
- Zoo-Based Research
- Zoo Design
- Zoo Education
- Please indicate in your email whether you wish to be considered for ORAL or POSTER presentation.
- There will be no word limit and figures are welcome, but abstracts are strictly limited to one page.
- Page size should be A4 (8.27” by 11.69” / 210mm by 297mm).
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to proofread and edit submitted abstracts prior to acceptance and inclusion in the Book of Abstracts.
Oral Presentation Guidelines:
- To avoid connectivity issues, all accepted speakers should prepare and send pre-recorded presentations. It can be a PowerPoint slide show with voiceover, a live video of the speaker presenting their slides, etc. Please visit our Facebook page to see examples from last year's Conference.
- Please limit these presentations to fifteen minutes. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to edit videos that go beyond this time limit.
- Accepted oral presenters have the option of also submitting a poster of their paper. Please see guidelines for Poster Presentation should you choose to do so.
The Scientific Committee may choose to assign oral presentations that will not be accepted in the Conference to an appropriate Wild Webinar Series episode. The 2nd Wild Webinar Series will have six episodes spread out from January to March 2022.
Poster Presentation Guidelines:
- For easier screen readability, please lay out all posters in landscape.
- Poster size should be formatted to widescreen (16:9) aspect ratio.
- Please send posters in high-resolution PNG or TIFF format.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
15 October 2021 at 2359H (11:59 PM), UTC+8 (PH Time)– Deadline of abstract submission
22 October 2021 – Announcement of accepted papers for oral and poster presentation
1 November 2021 at 2359H (11:59 PM), UTC+8 (PH Time) – Deadline of submission of posters and pre-recorded oral presentations
We welcome sponsorships from interested parties! Download the fillable PDF form here. For more details, please contact us via email (email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org), WhatsApp/Viber/Line (+63-977-691-3178). For prospective sponsors from the Philippines, you may also reach us via text.